If you are an Equestrian of Color and are interested in participating in this project, please visit the Ally Directory page to find your closest Photographer Ally.
We are currently reworking the photographer onboarding process.
If you are a photographer and are interested in contributing to this project, please read the details below to determine if you qualify and fill out the application form. We will put you on a waiting list and notify you when applications open again.
Applicants must be:
- Over the age of 18, running a legally registered photography business, and have a web site.
- Able to produce quality images that meet the basics of good exposure, focus, and color.
- Willing to do photo sessions for this project free of charge and give the Equestrian of Color 10 high-resolution digital files for personal use.
- Committed to submitting at least one story in the 6 months following your approval into the project.
- Prepared to follow the guidelines set by this project.
Code of Ethics
We expect each photographer who contributes to this project to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
- Unconditional Empathy - I will not place limitations on the extent of my attempts to understand those whom I photograph and receive stories from as an Equestrian of Color (EOC). I will remain open to their feelings, however much they feel comfortable to share with me, and treat them with the respect and reverence their emotions deserve. I will in no way imply their feelings are not valid or meaningful and I will encourage open dialogue.
- Sensitivity - I will ensure I treat each EOC with the utmost respect and ensure they are comfortable with how they are represented in my photographs and in the sharing of their story.
- Selflessness - I will place the EOC’s story above my own personal ambitions as a photographer. I will not treat photoshoots as a portfolio-building opportunity but rather a vessel through which an EOC’s story can be shared with the world.
- Integrity - I will strive to honestly and accurately tell my EOC’s story in a genuine manner. I will not falsify accounts or misrepresent my EOC in any way and will be accountable for the truthfulness in my work.
- Awareness - I will create images with intentions that do not perpetuate systemic racism, stereotypes, or negative connotations that do not accurately represent the EOC whose story I am telling. I will ensure my actions do not give voice to fear, exclusion, isolation, or mistreatment of others.
- Fearlessness - I will stand with the EOCs I work with, in their bold choice to share their story publicly. I will prepare my business and my heart to enter the conversation that the Equestrians of Color Project (EOCP) strives to highlight - awareness and support of an inclusive, diverse equestrian community. In doing so, I am prepared to be a positive advocate for the EOC I represent and the EOCP.
If you meet these qualifications, please fill out this form.